Level III AR500 Armor® Side Plate 6" x 8" - Curved
AR500 Armor® Level III Side Body Armor
Specifically designed to increase coverage on the peripherals of your plate carrier. AR500 Armor® Level III Side Armor Plates offer rifle rated protection on the side of your plate carrier. Compatible with most plate carriers that include cummerbund mounted side plate pouches. Available in two common sizes, 6” x 6”, and 6” x 8”, with both flat and curved form (improved comfort and ergonomics). Capable of defeating 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball (.308 Winchester) at a velocity of up to 2,780 feet per second. Side plates are most applicable when increased armor coverage is desired from an entry or defensive standpoint. Non-squared off shooting positions, traveling in vehicles, and situations where fragmentation are a realistic threat are scenarios which heavily validate running side body armor.
Available in: 6” x 6”, and 6” x 8” Side Plates Cuts.
Weight (+/- 5%for PAXCON coating):
- 6” x 6” Side Plate – 2.5lb
- 6” X 8” Side Plate – 3.5lb
Profile: Thin 0.26” profile (Base Coat), 0.35” profile (Build-Up)
AR500 Armor® Level III Body Armor Specifications
- Level III rifle rated for 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308 win) @ 2,780 fps
- Independently tested to NIJ 101.06
- Patented Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) (on some models) in thin .26” profile
- Most independently reviewed and tested body armor in the world
- AR500 Armor® high hard specially treated ballistic steel core construction
- Rigorous quality control standards for consistency and performance
- Rugged and stress fracture resistant
- Minimally invasive forming process on Multi-Curved models preserves armor integrity
- 20-Year maintenance free shelf life
- Unparalleled Multi-Hit and stand-alone performance
- Outlasts Ceramic, and Polyethylene Body Armor
- PAXCON abrasion and chemical resistant coating
- Build-Up for spall and fragmentation mitigation
- Made in the United States of America!